The Village: Carl Sandburg

The-Village-Carl-Schwartz.jpg

Description

CURRENTLY NOT ON DISPLAY.

Abstract painting depicting of tall buildings, houses and trees in pink, blue and green. Undated.
On plaque: "Carl Schwartz/THE VILLAGE: CARL SANDBURG/Gift of Edward and Cecile Fellin"
“Sandburg Village” is a neighborhood of apartment buildings on the north side of Chicago built during the 1960s as part of an urban renewal project.

Originally from Detroit, Carl E. Schwartz (1934-2014) studied at the Art Institute of Chicago and the University of Chicago. He taught figure drawing and painting at the North Shore Art League for nearly thirty years. His work is in numerous private, corporate, and museum collections. The Library owns three other works by Schwartz, “Iron Mountain, Michigan No.3,” “Sculptress Kay Hoffman,” and “Chess Game.”

Rights

In Copyright http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/

Physical Dimensions

38 x 49 1/2 in.

Comments