The Village: Carl Sandburg

Description

Abstract painting depicting tall buildings, houses, and trees in pink, blue and green. Undated.

On original plaque:
Carl Schwartz
THE VILLAGE: CARL SANDBURG
Gift of Edward and Cecile Fellin
“Sandburg Village” is a neighborhood of apartment buildings on the north side of Chicago built during the 1960s as part of an urban renewal project.

Originally from Detroit, Carl E. Schwartz (1934-2014) studied at the Art Institute of Chicago and the University of Chicago. He taught figure drawing and painting at the North Shore Art League for nearly thirty years. His work is in numerous private, corporate, and museum collections. The Library owns three other works by Schwartz, “Iron Mountain, Michigan No.3,” “Sculptress Kay Hoffman,” and “Chess Game.”

Located on the Third Floor in the Administrative Offices.

Rights

In Copyright http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/

Physical Dimensions

38 x 49 1/2 in.

Files

The-Village-Carl-Schwartz.jpg

Citation

Schwartz, Carl E., 1934-2014, “The Village: Carl Sandburg,” Skokie Public Library History, accessed December 6, 2021, https://skokielibraryhistory.omeka.net/items/show/37.

Comments