Henry Harms Historic Home in Skokie - NOT ON DISPLAY

Description

CURRENTLY NOT ON DISPLAY. Find out more about the Skokie Public Library Renovation.

Oil painting depicts the house owned by Henry Harms, the founder of Skokie in 1854. The 1869 farmhouse, built of hand-made bricks, and formerly located near the Skokie Public Library on Oakton Street, is shown with a porch and tall trees covered with colorful autumn leaves.

Eugene J. Paprocki was born in Chicago and his paintings are exhibited internationally.
On plaque: "Eugene J. Paprocki/The Third And Last Home/Of Henry Harms (1832-1913)/Skokie's Founder/5319 Oakton Street/Commissioned By the Board Of Trustees/Skokie Public Library-2002"

Rights

In Copyright http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/

Physical Dimensions

47 x 59 in.

Files

Harms-House-by-Paprocki-1.jpg

Citation

Paprocki, Eugene J., 1971-, “Henry Harms Historic Home in Skokie - NOT ON DISPLAY,” Skokie Public Library History, accessed January 24, 2020, https://skokielibraryhistory.omeka.net/items/show/31.

Comments